Memory Care & Dementia
The Memory Care Unit was conceived and designed for people with Alzheimers and related dementia to provide a secure environment for the wandering resident and to provide the family member with peace of mind.
Click here to join us for lunch and to tour our memory care unit.
- Compassionate, trained staff
- 24-hour staffed facility
- Medication management
- Behavior management
- Comfortable common areas
- Secured indoor and outdoor walkways
- Calming environment
- Warm natural lighting
- Nutritious, carefully planned meals with special diets in mind
- Scheduled activities
Sandy Ridge's Memory Care unit provides a holistic approach to caring for dementia patients and his or her family. Embracing a philosophy of person centered thinking / planning, each resident is assessed and an individualized care plan is developed to ensure that customized programs are developed that will maximize the resident's independence and dignity while providing a secure, warm, and safe setting for your loved one.
The amount of stimulation in a resident's environment is critical for providing a calming yet active, therapeutic atmosphere. Activities are designed for each individual to promote and maintain his or her unique personality, skills and life experiences. As needs change, activities are changed to best suit the resident's quality of life.
- Three delicious, well-balanced meals served daily
- Snacks available throughout the day
- Daily housekeeping and trash removal
- Personal laundry (except dry-cleaning)
- Creative, social, learning and spiritual activities
- In-facility visits by: Medical Doctor, Nurse Practitioner, Optometrist, Podiatrist, Psychiatry, Mobile Imaging and Lab Services
- Trained staff available 24 hours a day
- Scheduled transportation to social outings and appointments
- Scheduled resident and family meetings
- Maintenance of building and grounds